Wednesday 10 July 2013

Sweltering summer day essentials

I love love LOVE these warm summer days and evenings, although it's not always easy to keep your looks cool and fresh. On a day like today I'll make sure I've got plenty of sun screen on since I've got fair to medium skin and don't want it to turn red. I would hate for helicopters to think my red face is a landing site beacon towards the end of the day. I like using Hawaiian Tropic Sensitive Face Sun Lotion (SPF30) since it gives good cover without feeling sticky and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg compared to some other products.

I don't know about you, but my hair seems to take a life of its own when it's warm outside and there's really not much point in spending too much time on it. So I'll reach for the miracle of miracles - the dry shampoo. I love Batiste for their wide range of affordable products, quirky packaging and they're available from most shops. At the moment I'm using the XXL Volume Big & Bouncy which helps to give some extra body and a clean feel, although some of the other ones do sell much nicer. This is however quickly remedied by adding some Urban Iced Raspberry & Vanilla hairspray from Fudge. Not only does it make the bounce from the dry shampoo last but it smells amazing - just like a fruity ice lolly!

To freshen up I'll use the Caudalie Fleur de Vigne shower gel, which is such a lovely, timeless, soft aromatic floral scent, followed by the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun to replenish my skin with moisture. Using the after sun gel is like dipping yourself in a cooling sweet fruit cocktail of coconut and papaya - oh yum.

I like showing off a tan by using some body oil, and one of the best ones is the Caudalie Divine Oil. It's a dry oil, so it absorbs straight away into your skin, leaving it silky smooth with a great subtle sheen. Another tan enhancer is to wear a pastel ice cream shade nail polish, and there are so many to choose from this season. I'm showing Estée Lauder's Dilettante, which is a lovely sugary pale Tiffany blue.

And to finish off - a couple of sprays of a summery light floral and exotic fragrance. One of my current favourites is Jo Malone Osmanthus Blossom. I realise that it's a limited edition released earlier this spring and that it's no longer available from the Jo Malone website (I even had to use Selfridges for the link to a description), but you can find it on good old eBay.

And of course, my constant feline companion had to supervise today's activities

I know what she's thinking.... "That's not the way I would do it..."









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!