Monday 11 November 2013

Manic.Monday: Fiery Island

A few weeks ago I mentioned my new found love for Sally Hansen nail polishes, specifically the Complete Salon Manicure Formula. It's an interesting and innovative concept of five different aspects - all essential for nail care, covered in one single product. That means that when you've selected one of the gorgeous shades in the wide range available, you'll also automatically get a base coat, strengthener, growth treatment added through a built in time release function, and top coat in the same product. Since I more or less always wear a nail polish, which can be tough on the nails and cuticles, I really appreciate brands that incorporate some nail care ingredients into the shade itself and when there are so many stunning shades to choose from - it makes me a very happy nail polish wearer. The Sally Hansen shade I'm showing you today is the gloriously vibrant, energetic and zesty Fiery Island 545 (£6.99) which is a slightly darker shade of warm satsumas orange and to me it just captures the essence of beautiful golden autumn leaves.
Since you've already got built in base coat and top coat, you can definitely wear this shade just as it is, and it won't leave any discolourations on your nails, and it'll also add a lovely high shine to the finished look. I usually always wear a separate base- and top coat, but I'm gradually coming round to the idea of using the nail polish as it's intended to be, and in the photo I'm only wearing the nail polish itself, nothing else.

Another great thing about this nail polish, showing the high quality of it, is the brush. It's nice and wide giving wonderful seamless coverage in one quick sweep. I'm also very impressed by the lovely density and pigmentation of the shades, and you really only need one coat to create a lovely opaque effect with that built in high shine. Even though I am getting used to not using base- and top coat when I wear this formula, I'm still very much a two coat girl to get that ultra glossy, opaque look which is what I'm wearing in the photo as well.

The nail polish is supposed to last as long as up to 10 days, maintaining the lovely shine but realistically I think it's closer to 5-6 days, before the finish starts to get a little bit more matte and you can see the first chipping. I still think that's pretty good for a nail polish, and considering you get so many other benefits from this formula at a very affordable price, the 5 day wear is hardly a concern. Overall it's an excellent formula and definitely one of the best ones I've used in the same price range, pulverizing some premium brands - there's simply no contest. If you're interested in trying the Sally Hansen nail polishes for yourself, then hurry down to Boots where their current 3 for 2 offer also includes these little goodies, so I guess I'll see you at the checkout!

61 comments:

  1. Love this, what a beautiful Autumn colour, looks lovely on your nails!
    www.naomitalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Naomi - thanks a million, it's a very happy color, something to cheer me up on a rainy Monday like this :O). Xx

      Delete
    2. I LOVE this color for fall! Beautiful! I love your blog!
      http://fashiononthetrend.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Hello Kendra - I think it works really well as a contrast with berry colors - even though it's so vibrant. Thank you so much that's really lovely of you and hope to see you back again here very soon! Xx

      Delete
  2. love this colour ! :)

    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think it's so fiery and vibrant :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. pretty colour...!
    Dark enough to be perfect autum vivid/vibrant (instead of berrys and plums or blacks)
    love it
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - exactly it doesn't have that neon undertone that a lot of oranges do - which is why I like is so much :O). Xx

      Delete
  4. I love this for Autumn, I'm craving this colour now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I agree it's a lovely autumnal shade and it actually works really well as a contrasting polish with a purple or plum outfit :o). Xx

      http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  5. LOVE the colour, so vibrant yet appropriate for the time of year x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - it's definitely not a shade for someone shy :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful color for this season.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried any of the SH polishes before but this is such a yummy shade!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular formula is excellent and they have stunning shades to choose from as well :o) - I highly recommend them :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Wow this shade looks amazing. Really you don't need a base and top coat? I have never tried anything like this before. I'm very curious and definitely want to try this (being lazy as I am :D). Thanks for sharing Charlotte. My likes on Bloglovin for you <3

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's a bit tricky for me to get on board with it as well and i was worried that strong shades would discolour my nails, but no - the polish itself is enough and the shine is really good as well. Thanks a million :O). Xx

      Delete
  9. I like it!!!! Crazy colour:)
    www.antymarka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a lovely colour - i cant live without nail polish im always wearing it!

    I love that it has all those ingredients inculded - ill still add a top coat tho - i cant resist the glossy shine :)

    Great Post!

    Yas
    www.yasbeyou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million! I know what you mean, I'm always tempted to do the same :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Love this shade- perfect for fall!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow this is such a stunning shade!!! I have a few of these Sally Hansen polishes and they're not the best formula as they're quite gloopy :( xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't noticed that actually, maybe I've just been lucky with my shades. Xx

      http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks a million - it's so lovely and vibrant :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Beautiful color. It´d perfectly fits to Halloween, because it reminds me pumpkin- but in good way. :)
    fashionhappenss.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point - perhaps I'll do a scary nail art with it next year :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. I love this colour too!!! Nice blog Honey!!!

    http://www.klaranekulova.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thank you very much! Xx

      Delete
  16. Great colour will definitely be looking out for this, great blog!

    linzylabellevie@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linzy, thanks for visiting! That's so lovely of you - thank you very much and hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. This is such a lovely post! I like the color so much. Excited for your next post!

    Following you now on GFC. I hope you can follow me also (if you haven't yet).

    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog


    - Like What Kenny Hearts on Facebook
    - Follow What Kenny Hearts on Bloglovin
    - Follow What Kenny Hearts on Instagram @whatkennyhearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, following you now too :O). Xx

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's such a lovely golden color for this time of year :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. The nail varnish is gorgeous and I love the photos xx
    Much Love
    bohobun.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Thanks a million - it's a lovely cheery color :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. Isnt that colour lovely for this time of year - check out the pound shop they has some Sally Hansen's for a quid :)

    My Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tip - thanks a million for that :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. nice colour!
    http://xoprimaxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post - and I love these Sally Hansen nail polishes too, and also recently reviewed them on my blog!

    By the way, I have an INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY on my blog, I hop you will enter...
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I'll head over and have a look straight away :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. Beautiful pumpkin shade. Nails look tasty:)
    http://liz-breygel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Orange is my favorite nail color!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jennifer and thank you for stopping by! I really like that there's a darker depth in this and not just neon brightness :o). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  26. Hello Tina, thank you for visiting and for your lovely comment. Following you now and hope you'll be back here again soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have this color too and absolutely love it! It is so different from the usual reds we all wear.
    xoxo Kate

    kateberlinsays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kate - completely agree, it has a wonderful depth to it :o). Xx

      Delete
  28. Love your red nails!

    Check out my post on How to fix a broken Lipstick - http://chicorita.com/diy-fix-broken-lipstick/

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow that colour looks beautiful, perfect for Fall! :)
    -
    Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thank you very much :o)! Xx

      Delete
  30. That nail varnish is a gorgeous colour!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eleanor - that's so lovely of you, thank you! It's a lovely orange that makes a nice change from a lot of the very popular berry shades :o). Xx

      Delete
  31. This is such a beautiful autumn colour. I have maybe one orange shade in my entire nail colour collection but i't more of a summery shade.. this might have to be my next addition!

    http://seeweardo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica - thanks million - I hope you'll like it :o). Xx

      Delete
  32. this is such a perfect colour for spring, summer and fall! x

    morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!