Sunday, 15 December 2013

Wondrous winter warmers

I've always loved Christmas, and this year I don't know what has come over me, but I think it's safe to say that I've taken it to a different level! Not only have I decorated the house much more than I usually do, and started hoarding Christmas food early on, but I've also bought special Christmas snuggly clothes - yes... really... On the other hand I don't think it's just me. I can't remember the last time that every single shop on the high street had such a range of cute, adorable and silly but wonderful Christmas themed clothes. During one of my recon missions a few weeks ago to everybody's favourite budget palace - Primark, I picked up some cute Christmas winter warmers: leggings, socks and slippers. Considering the prices were so low, I actually think I was quite restrained only getting these few items. I did also pick up a plain basic new red top from Zara because after all what is Christmas without a red top, and a lovely black fluffy and warm angora jumper from A-Wear to complete my lounge wear look for the season.  
Red baggy jumper: Zara // Black angora jumper: A-Wear // Slippers & Penguin leggings & Polar bear leggings & 3 pairs of Christmas socks: Primark 

As much as I love my penguins and polar bears leggings I have to point out that I had never actually planned to go out in public wearing any of these. It was just going to be for nice and cozy evenings after a long day's work, and after the reaction from Him Indoors to my fabulously chic penguin leggings - 10 mins of rip roaring laughter, I'm definitely sticking to my original plan. But then again - what do men know?!

46 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They have some amazing festive things this year :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Aw I love all of these items, may have to take a trip down to primark myself now, The penguins are so cute! x
    http://lornaswishingwell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love primark! They have so many cute things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it's difficult to leave the shop without buying anything :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. So so pretty christmasy stuff! Cosy and cute:) Thank You for sharing such a nice post!
    Wish you a blessed day ahead!

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very lovely of you hope you had a nice weekend! Xx

      Delete
  5. I love the penguin leggings! They are so cute! Xxx

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penguins are the cutest creatures to have on jumpers etc when it's Christmas! I really need to stock up on some cosy clothes.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the leggings and the socks are so cute! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lounge wear is the best! Love the leggings - they are adorable! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Good old Primark has soo many fab Christmas things this year :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely! penguin leggings look so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are so cute! I hope they still have some when I'm in London, I'll have to grab a pair :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they'll still have loads to choose from, with all kinds of fun patterns :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Great post!)) Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cozy!

    GIVEAWAY/ SORTEO! Enter now!Participa ya!
    http://blondieanchors.com/rosegal-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't beat primark for some festive lounge wear, I especially like the penguins print pjs ;) x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've really had a super selection this year and the penguins always cheer me up :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. Cuteness overload! They also look so cosy and comfortable!
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's a time of year you can go over the top on the cuteness scale it's definitely Christmas :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. SO CUTE. I can't even with those penguin leggings! So cute!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those penguin leggings!

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O) - thank you, they're so lovely and comfy! Xx

      Delete
  18. I made the trip to Penny's last week and I stocked up on loads of their amazing pajamas, they really have a fantastic range within a budget :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's nothing like a little pre-Christmas shopping to prepare :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. Love this colour! My heating has just broken, so I am cuddled up in lots of snugly layers!

    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I hope it gets fixed before X-mas :o)! Xx

      Delete
  20. So lovely prints, they making us winter more pleasant, warmer and happier, don't you?!
    xo
    About women and not only Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww beautiful winter prints! Love them all. I just came across your blog through another blogger friend! :) xx

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting, hope you'll come back again soon :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!