Sunday 16 March 2014

Dior's Trianon Makeup Look with Pastel Fontanges

As you may remember I've had a love affair with the Dior Trianon Spring Collection ever since I first saw the promo pictures at the end of last yea, and at the launch event at Debenhams I treated myself to some of the products in this stunning collection. I've done a separate review of the beautiful Trianon Eyeshadow Palette in Pastel Fontanges (you can read it here) which is pastel heaven in a lovely little Dior box with its sheer, soft shades and today I thought I would try to recreate the look from the promo photos.

Let's start with the complexion - usually I apply concealer over a foundation, but in order to make it look as light and even as possible I actually applied my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (£5.49) under the foundation rather than on top. It's a great light and smooth concealer and I have somehow mysteriously managed to match it perfectly with my foundation. The delicate, petal look and feel of the Pastel Fontanges range of colors is matched with a flawless, youthful and dewy looking skin so to achieve something that's at least similar, I brought out my preferred heavy hitter when it comes to preparing your skin, the YSL Forever Youth Liberator Foundation (£37). This foundation gives excellent medium to full coverage for an even and flawless tone without feeling heavy on the skin and it also adds nourishment throughout the day to keep the skin supple and plump. The shade I'm wearing is not as pale and porcelaine as they've used in the promo photos, but it does have that subtle glow which I've then enhanced even further using the amazing budget beauty MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder (£3). I've completely fallen in love with this highlighter and wearing it on the top of your cheek bones, and maybe even a little above your cupid's bow gives a wonderful light and subtle smoothing shimmer effect. 
For my brows I used the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (£2.99) in Hazel 2, which works perfectly for this look since it's not too dark, but it still gives enough definition of the brow arch. For the eyelids I used all of the shades in the Dior 5 Couleurs Trianon Edition Eyeshadow Palette (£41) in Pastel Fontanges 234, starting with a wash of the shimmery ballerina pink all over the lid as a base. It's a gorgeous shade and for me this is the shade that's easiest to wear out of the five since it works so well in combination with both neutrals and purples too. Having done the pink base, we move on to the slightly more intimidating light periwinkle blue - which in itself is beautiful, but in the promo photo there's a lot of it, applied all over the brow bone and under the eye. As you blend it in with the light pink, it creates a lovely contrast although I must admit that wearing a blue shade this shade, definitely pushes me out of my comfort zone. After that I mixed the light silver grey with the lemon chiffon color and added to the inner corner of my eye and slightly below to brighten that area, and to reflect the other shades. Finally I lined the lash line with the darker soft gunmetal grey to add depth and the combination with the ballerina pink is so lovely and I might even try a smokey eye look at some point using these two shades.

Since this is a very bare faced look I didn't want to volumise my lashes, and instead I went for length with the Maybelline Illegal Length Fibre Extensions Mascara (£8.99) which is great for a natural, combed through lash look and I've got a more detailed review of this mascara coming up on Tuesday, so keep an eye out for that. I very lightly blotted the odd area with the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot (£12) and applied the finishing touch using the Tanya Burr Lipgloss (£6.99) in Afternoon Tea. Like so many others I've been completely bowled over by this gorgeous range of lip glosses. The formula is light, creamy, non sticky and moisturising with excellent pigmentation that seems to set on your lips almost like a glossy stain. You get hours of wear out these and re-applying it is a joy since it has a delicious candy like smell. This shade Afternoon Tea, is a subtle slightly muted rhubarb and cream pink, which is perfect for a "your lip color, but better" look.
 
I really enjoy wearing and experimenting with the gorgeous Pastel Fontanges palette and I had so much fun recreating the Trianon look. Despite being such a soft and delicate colors the look works surprisingly well for evening wear too, since the shimmering colors look gorgeous when the light catches them. It is a complete and probably slightly over the top indulgence in pastel colors and using lots of light blue on your eyelid might seem a bit scary - at least it did to me, but if you keep it well blended you won't be getting flashbacks to something out of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you're interested in seeing more Trianon looks, have a look at Dior backstage (the link takes a while to load to be patient with it), where you'll find tutorials for another two lovely looks and you can read more about the whole collection. 

23 comments:

  1. You look beautiful in that makeup look! Wearing light blue eyeshadows pushes me out of my comfort zone too but it looks great on you!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you thank you very much Amelie :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful look!! I love this on you! The light blue is brave but really works x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! It's very subtle and gives that bare faced impression and it's always fun to try something new :o). X

      Delete
  3. I need to try blue shadow! It will really bring out my eyes xx

    BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it and hope you'll share some pics with us :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful, I love the result on you!!!!
    Happy sunday doll!!!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you, have a great day! :) Xx

      Delete
  5. I love pastel shades...they are so soft and pretty! These really look great on you.

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you, thanks so much :) Xx

      Delete
  6. The colours in the palette are gorgeous, lovely post :)
    http://lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Either that mascara tube is really curved, or your camera has really warped it o_o
    Love the pastel shades on your eyes!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it's my built in Salvador Dalí filter on the camera that bends hard objects ;o). Xx

      Delete
  8. that dior palette is so feminine, dainty and pretty!!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous color combination :O). Xx

      Delete
  9. That palette looks really nice. I haven't tried it but the colors seem perfect for your skin tone.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the Youth Liberator foundation :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful foundation and it's firmly set in my staple collectiokn now :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Pretty!! The colors of that palette are gorgeous.

    http://www.evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you recreated the look! I love Dior palettes. This looks like a good one!

    xoxo Lauren
    http://www.willsingformakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you - thank you! I've already got my eye on the new Dior Transatlantic palette, it looks amazing with its vibrant colors :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!