Thursday 10 April 2014

Don't be distressed, be a Damsel in Dress with Fanny Crown

A couple of weeks ago I was very happy to receive an invitation to a blogger contest arranged by Fanny Crown, a Paris based company that sells an amazing range of dresses, to create a look based on something from their collection. And what a collection they offer - there are dresses for every occasion from wedding and proms to evening events and cocktails in every color of the rainbow, and you can even have some of the dresses tailor made for you. It's been a while since I did one of these moodboards and this was a great opportunity to create another one, and after having browsed and lusted after a long list of beautiful dresses I found THE Fanny Crown Cocktail Dress for me - a gorgeous dream in silk with a romantic floral pattern and a flowing hi-lo train on the side. For me it captures the spirit and mood of an early Summer evening in Italy, going out for some pre-dinner cocktails to enjoy the last of the evening sun before having dinner in a trattoria by the piazza. This dress also really makes me think of Dolce & Gabbana, the biggest source of fashion inspiration for me so I decided to style the dress using luxurious and playful accessories I can only dream of, for a full on magnificent Dolce & Gabbana Sicilian widow look.
Emphasizing the floral romantic theme of the dress, I've added a Floral Head Band with swarowski crystals, fresh water pearls and white flowers which looks beautiful on both long and short hair, and although the head band is a gorgeous piece of statement jewellery in itself, the look wouldn't be complete without some door knocker earrings and these Dolce & Gabbana Earrings with more pearls and enameled flowers are just perfect. The dress is long and flowing and although you can barely see the shoes, they are nevertheless a very important accessory and a pair of understated and classic Pointy Sling Back Kitten Heels from Lanvin adds a subtle touch of luxury with the python detailing at the tip, the strap and the heel of the shoe. There's nothing that says Summer and casual elegance like a woven raffia bag, and I love the contrasts of this Dolce & Gabbana Shoulder Bag between the very plain natural material and it's over the top and lavish embellishments of gold tone crystals and hardware. On to the finishing touches, and an outfit like this of course demands a dramatic statement lip, and the Tom Ford Lip Color in Cherry Lush is a lovely summer option with it's luscious raspberry red tone. Last but definitely not least we need a scent to frame the picture, and Dolce & Gabbanas latest creation - Dolce EdP really captures the mood. It's a delicate and feminine blend of white flowers and the typically Mediterranean scent of Neroli that adds an interesting edge to this very subtle and soft scent. 

I had so much fun creating this look and if you fancy taking part in the Fanny Crown Blogger Contest here's a link to the rules and a few examples of winning entries to get you inspired. If you've got a special occasion coming up I highly recommend that you keep the Fanny Crown Collection (ships worldwide) in mind for a gorgeous and memorable statement dress.

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!! I'm so glad you like it :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Hey I have just tagged you in the life in letters tag - I would love to hear your responses :)
    http://alittlebitofjenn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like fun - thank you so much for having me in mind for this. It might be a little while before you see my replies - but please be patient with me, I haven't forgotten about it :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Adorable look, its so romantic and elegant!

    http://strawberryleopard.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - that's means a lot, thank you VERY much :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the invite beautiful creation.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a romantic look!! I love your photos hun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - full on floral romance :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Great post! I love everything you've picked, the dress is so beautiful!

    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Laura, thank you I only wish I now could actually go out and buy all of these things LOL. Xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's so pretty and floaty isn't it :o)? Xx

      Delete
  8. so cute!! want the clutch,,,
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the contrast of luxurious stones with the plain material :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. I love the photos they are so good - The Tom Ford lipstick is calling to me ha ha! :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to check out the summer collection for some sheer peachy colors :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. This is such a beautiful dress, love the choice of accessories. I am thankful for your comment, Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it - thank you very much :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Beautifil dress!! Love this!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is beautiful...so fresh and flowy and very elegant! Awesome choice.

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be perfect for a romantic summer dinner :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!