Thursday 1 May 2014

April on my mind

April was a month of indulgence in so many ways. First of all we've been spoiled silly in the south of England with beautiful sunny and warm days made for lounging on the grass or having a picnic and I don't think that the long awaited bikini days are far away now. I also might have done some accidental shopping, oops... like some new clothes for the season and since I've attended a few beauty sessions with Dior, Clinique and Estée Lauder I also picked up a few odds and sods that I'll show you very soon. I can't remember when I last had this many treats of amazing food and cake, but I completely refuse to feel guilty about it and instead I'll quote Marie Antoinette: "Let them (me) eat cake!". Then of course we had Easter, which for me always signifies the beginning of something new and this year I was so looking forward to Easter since it's the first proper break we've had since Christmas and for one could certainly feel it. While we were away in Suffolk we definitely indulged in all of the above, but in in double dose and getting away for a few days was a well needed break to recharge the batteries. For me April was also a month of appreciating the small things in life like spending time with friends, seeing new places and snuggling up on the sofa with Him Indoors and Cat watching a great film. Maybe it doesn't sound like much but I've enjoyed every second of it and have tried to bottle up this calmness and harmony since I have a lot on for the next few months, and I have a feeling the tempo will be anything but slow and I'll definitely need to tap into some of the the energy I've got stored up now, so come on May - I'm ready for you!

15 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun month the weather in london has been amazing too. Enjoy it while it lasts. Did you make the cakes at the end they look yummy? Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had - i saw them at a coffee shop on one of our days out to Romsey :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. Amazing post!!!! Xx


    http://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo what a lovely April, I live in Suffolk so can definitely second the lovely weather,been so lucky with it.
    Those cakes look amazing :D (and happy belated Easter!)
    L xo
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suffolk was so beautiful - already looking forward to going back :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. Our grass is just finally starting to green up, so those flowers look especially lovely. Can't wait until ours start blooming, it should be right around July I think...

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more or less summer here now, lilacs, magnolias and jasmines are all in bloom - I just hope it lasts for a few months :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much - for some reason she likes to "hold paws" :o) Xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely post!
    http://mummysbeautycorner.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you :o) Xx

      Delete
  7. love love love your blog <3

    http://kendragenevieve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much - it really means a lot to get lovely comments like that :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Rachael, hope you did too :o) Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!