Thursday 8 May 2014

Celebrate spring with Aerin's Lilac Path EdP

You don't have to be a beauty junkie to have heard of Estée Lauder - one of the most well known, iconic and successful brands in the beauty industry, and without a doubt one of my favorite brands (you can see a post about my Fave 5 Estée Lauder products here). But it's not the only brand created by a member of the famous Lauder family, we also have Aerin - a wonderful stylish and elegant lifestyle brand created by Aerin Lauder (Estée Lauder's grand daughter) offering beauty products as well as home decor and fashion accessories. The beauty range consists of makeup and fragrances, characterized by beautiful packaging and soft timeless shades for a feminine, romantic and effortless look. Today I'll focus on one of the products from the fragrance collection which has five different scents, all based on classical florals but with an added contemporary twist; Gardenia Rattan, Amber Musk, Lilac Path, Ikat Jasmine and Evening Rose. Although they all smell amazing, I had already decided that I wanted Aerin Lilac Path EdP (£85) even before I'd tested it, since lilac is one of my most loved flowers EVER and it's surprisingly difficult to find good lilac based fragrances. All I needed to do was to make sure that it did in fact smell as fantastic as I had imagined, and the long and the short of it is that it most certainly did. 
If we start with the packaging, all the boxes have a lovely abstract floral pattern and a color that is associated with the floral base of the scent which in this case with Lilac Path, is a pretty lavender lilac and inside the box is one of the most beautiful perfume bottles I've ever owned - cut glass with an imitation of a rose quartz as a stop, it's simple, chic and it oozes refinement. You can really tell from the design and print that Aerin has made its mark when it comes to decor and soft furnishings. The scent is a fresh, soft, crisp and pure combination of beautiful spring florals. When you first spray it on you're wrapped in delicate lilacs that give way to seductive jasmine for depth and creamy summery orange flower. Despite being so rich in very distinct floral scents, the fragrance is very graceful, airy and mild, like spring in a bottle and there's no sickly sweetness or heaviness to it at all. As an Eau de Parfum, it's not as diluted with alcohol as e.g. colognes and Eau de Toilettes which means that not only is the scent more pure and prominent, but it also lasts longer and I'd say that one spray lasts for about five hours. As I love lilacs I have been searching for a good lilac fragrance for years, and as I mentioned at the start: they're not easy to find, but Lilac Path isn't a good lilac fragrance - it is absolutely MAGNIFICENT; it gives an exquisite, polished and classy impression and wearing it makes me feel like a queen. If you're looking for a fragrance that is out of the ordinary then something from the Aerin fragrance collection is a real treat that you won't forget. Aerin isn't as widely available as Estée Lauder products, but in the UK you can find Aerin in Selfridges, Harrods, selected John Lewis stores (not available online) and from Estée Lauder.

37 comments:

  1. That bottle is stunning, but the scent sounds really interesting too, and I'm not a huge floral fan. I'll have to take a look and see it it's out here yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing luxurious scent - a real treat :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. This fragrance looks great! Thanks for sharing, love your reviews, always great!

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for that lovely comment :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. The perfume bottle is gorgeous! Thanks for the review!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a timeless gorgeous classic :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. Wow sounds lovely! I love a good summery fragrance! I always opt for Ralph Lauren Blue, its so light and fruity!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I haven't tried any of those yet - great recommendation :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. Never heard of this brand before, what a great discovery, thank you! And the perfume sound amazing! I love lilac, every year I'm waiting impatiently for them to bloom, my grandma had them and I used to sit in the garden next to the bushes and just breath in the beautiful scent. It's a shame the perfume is quite pricey, otherwise I would be ordering it right now;)
    http://mummysbeautycorner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely picture, that's how I feel about lilac too - every year my dad used to take a photo of me at the end of the school year in front of the lilac :o). Put it on your birthday list - it's worth every penny :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Just forget to mentioned that I just discovered Yankee candle with lilac scent and I'm absolutely obsessed with it right now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, sounds lovely, will have to try that :o) Xx

      Delete
  7. Stupidly, I didn't realise this was an Estee Lauder product. Like you, I absolutely love lilac, we have a beautiful plant in our garden that smells divine when in bloom, the true esence of spring/summer. This sounds like a fragrance I would love, may have to investigate further! x
    Deborah
    moonstoneandmay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the purest and loveliest lilac perfume I've ever tried :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. The bottle is beautiful, I'll make sure I try it next time I pass a bottle! :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not exactly the most affordable fragrance, but it's well worth it :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. floral scent are nice in spring and fruity ones for summers. that 's what i prefer. thanks for sharing because you gave me more options for my spring perfume purchase.

    tobelikealady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it as much as I do :o) Xx

      Delete
  10. The packaging is really nice and the bottle has such a feminine feel. The scent sounds fresh and inviting.

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! I've heard so many great things about this fragrance.
    Emma | Fluff and Fripperies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazingly luxurious and an unforgettable treat :o) Xx

      Delete
  12. the flacon is gorgeous..I really wish I could smell it through internet :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. It's a beautiful scent and I think it'll be a new staple scent for me :o) Xx

      Delete
  14. I can't get over how beautiful that cap is. I'm undecided regarding the lilac scent, as it can smell soapy on me, but it is worth a try. :-)
    www.ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, especially with "old fashioned" lilac scents, but this is nothing like that fortunately :o) Xx

      Delete
  15. I've never tried anything from Aerin before.. the bottle is seriously stunning! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, thank you so much, that's really nice of you :o) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use this days a shower gel with this aroma, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how fresh it must be :o) Xx

      Delete
  18. Learnt so many things from this post! Ah the beauty world is an exciting one, so many new products to discover :)

    xoxo One Stiletto At a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when it comes to perfumes -. thank you so much for the lovely comment :o) Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!