Friday 2 May 2014

Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Nourishing Products - Yes, yes, yes or No, no, no?

Have you ever really wanted to like a product, but it just doesn't work for you? That's sums up how I used to feel about Herbal Essences hair care - great prices, wonderful scents but they dried out my hair completely, turning it into an unruly coarse ball of knots. Remembering these painful previous experiences of Herbal Essences, it was with a lot of apprehension that I decided to try the Bee Strong range last year, BUT but I was completely bowled over by these products (you can read my review here) and how soft and silky they made my hair. With this new experience fresh in mind I decided to be a bit brave and to also try the latest product range - the Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Nourishing Shampoo (£3.79) & Conditioner (£3.79). The range targets damaged and dull hair and contains the well known argan oil - the amazing miracle oil for hair and nails, which is rich in vitamin e and carotenes and therefore perfect for strengthening the hair and improving thickness and shine.
All shampoos that I've tried have had that typical gel like syrupy consistency that we all know, however this shampoo is very different since it has a much thicker, milkier and creamier consistency, almost like a conditioner and the first time I tried this shampoo I even had to double check that I wasn't trying to wash my hair with the conditioner! Despite this creamy consistency the Moroccan My Shine Shampoo develops a generous lather, which is something I really need from a shampoo and it cleans the hair gently without making it feel stripped of moisture. Personally I try not to wash my hair too often, but the shampoo is gentle enough that you could use it daily if you want. If the shampoo was thicker than I had expected, then on the other hand the conditioner isn't quite as rich and thick as many others I've tried and the consistency feels a little light for my liking, although it does make the hair feel very silky, sleek and conditioned - even to the point that I don't need to use a detangling spray when combing through my hair.

Now, I really enjoy argan oil not only in beauty products but I use it in cooking as well and I absolutely love the taste and the scent of it, so I was very surprised and a little bit disappointed that none of the products have that gorgeous and distinct roasted nutty scent at all, but if you don't like the scent of nuts you'll be very happy to know that both the shampoo and conditioner smell like a summer orchard, filled with sun kissed apples and pears. All in all, I'm almost as impressed by the Moroccan My Shine products as I was with the Bee Strong range - my hair feels nourished, soft and well behaved, although after 3 weeks of using it I can't say that I've noticed any improvement on the thickness of my hair (at least not yet), but with the generous amount of product that you get, these products are great value for money and I would recommend that you take advantage of the current Boots offer of 2 Herbal Essences products for £4 . For me the Moroccan My Shine Nourishing products are a definite Yes, yes... YES!

58 comments:

  1. Oh interesting!! I didn't know they have this new range! I have been using HS for years now, looking forward to this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes the hair really soft and silky and it's well worth trying :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing about these new products! I've always liked Herbal essences and like trying out new shampoos (I don't use conditioners).

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah lucky you if you don't need it - I go through TONS of conditioner :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. I have seen these just land in shops and wanted to try but am on a use what I have first rule. Which seariously sucks. I love the idea of a thick shampoo as I have thick hair. Shame it doesn't smell nutty but when I have used up all the old products I will buy. Have a nice weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're to disciplined :o), I wish I was more like that but when I saw the Boots offer I just couldn't help myself! Have a great weekend :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. Looks nice!
    xx
    www.myrunwayfashionworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to absolutely love the herbal essences range but I felt like after a while of using them, my hair wouldn't take to it and it felt a little too rich for my hair
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how products seem to work up to a point and then we need to mix it up a little for continued effect :o) Xx

      Delete
  6. I actually have always had the opposite effect with Herbal Essences shampoos - instead of drying out my hair, they make it so oily!
    I'm glad you enjoyed this product, hopefully it'll prove to be different than the others.

    Lace and Lipstick Stains

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bee strong it is really good I tried this new moroccan shine for my holiday as well but did not really get on with them. Still loving the Bee Strong range though!

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a shame, but at least they didn't cost you a fortune :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. great review, now i got to think if i need to swap it with my usual shampoo and conditioner!

    NEW >>> THE MILANO MODE


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I hope it'll work as well for you as it has for me :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. Glad this worked for you, that experience sounds horrible! x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think I'll stick with these Herbal Essences product that I know work for me :o) Xx

      Delete
  10. This would go so wrong with my hair, but I adore herbal essences!
    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tried Herbal Essences in the past. I guess it was okay but I wasn't impressed. I haven't seen this range yet. I will check it out. My hair is difficult and thick already. So I don't need thickness.

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I haven't noticed any improvement really, but it definitely makes the hair soft and shiny :o) Xx

      Delete
  12. Definitely got to try this for myself! Sounds amazing!

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. The shampoo is lovely and rich, definitely something different :o) Xx

      Delete
  14. I haven't seen this yet! I always love try new products! I'll have to pick some up! Great review!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this and love it - for a cheap shampoo I'm not complaining. I only paid a pound a bottle at Asda too xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the review Charlotte! ^^
    I'm definitely trying this because I tend to wash my hair frequently and it's good to find a shampoo which is gentle and doesn't dry them out too much!
    Martina xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've recently been using argan oil for my hair and it's really improved the condition, I will definitely give this a try x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome review! Hope to find these products! =D

    Please, check out my blog!
    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been tempted to get this because of the advert with the beautiful Nicole from PCD. Might try it out at some stage.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At such an affordable price it's well worth checking out :o) Xx

      Delete
  20. This looks great! I love that Herbal Essences has come out with some newer options recently! I definitely want to give these a go.

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too since the other ones really didn't work for my hair :o) Xx

      Delete
  21. So good products,

    xxx
    http://a-mylifestyle.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ótima postagem! Os produtos parecem ser muito bons!

    Beijos http://bloguetanamoda.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really lovely and well worth trying :o) Xx

      Delete
  23. I love Herbal Essences products I love the blue hair mask for dry hair, it makes my hair so soft my sensitive scalp has never really got on well with the shampoos I always find them a little stripping these defo sound worth a try though if they have a more milky texture x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me having had that experience :o) Xx

      Delete
  24. nice to hear! I find Herbal Essences a bit hit and miss too, but I will definitely give this range a try!
    xx - Georgia
    http://lovefromgeorgiarose.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love herbal essence! There shampoo and conditioner smells amazing! Great Review!
    Coffee For Mom

    ReplyDelete
  26. Too bad these don't really smell like argan oil! Glad to hear they perform well anyways though! I used so much Herbal Essences when I was younger. LOVED the floral smell :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same :o), didn't care that it messed up my hair because they smelled so lovely! Xx

      Delete
  27. I love Herbal Essences just for the smell, plus its so cheap! Need to add these to my collection!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) - they're so affordable and well worth getting! Xx

      Delete
  28. This shampoo smells amazing, great post darling!!
    Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  29. They smell lovely and fresh, I just wish they were a bit more nutty :o) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good shampoo! Hands down. Leaves a long-lasting fragrance too!
    www.avasbeautyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does - definitely a great budget buy :o) Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!