Wednesday 14 May 2014

Hooked on Clinique's CC Cream

When it comes to certain beauty products I never seize to be amazed at how I somehow always seem to be able to make room for just one more... and then just another one... which means that I have far too many nail polishes, lipsticks, eye shadows, eye pencils and perfumes. At the same time there are other beauty products that I only buy very rarely and foundation is one them. It's not that I don't like or use foundations - on the contrary, for me it's one of the products that I'm more than willing to splurge on since just like skin care it truly is the canvas for everything else that you're creating, and if you don't get that right, then it doesn't matter what else you add to that. The only thing that will prompt me to buy a new foundation is that I have either finished the one I already had, or my skin has changed color tone enough that I definitely need a new product. Since we've been lucky enough to have gloriously sunny weather in the UK, I'm gradually replacing my pale blue office tan with a slightly more golden and healthy looking hue so when I was exploring the Clinique counter at Boots, that I also shared with you in my post about Clicking with Clinique, it was definitely time for something new. After a bit of testing I brought with me home something completely new for me - Clinique's Moisture Surge CC Cream Colour Corrector (£28) in the shade Medium.
A CC Cream is supposed to be primarily a color correcting cream that evens out your skin tone taking care of concerns like red or sallow skin, dullness or any scars you might have and from a formula point of view, they fall somewhere in between foundations, moisturisers and serums, and most of them have intense moisturising properties. This particular Clinique CC cream is suitable for all skin types and you can wear it on its own, over a moisturizer or under your foundation as a primer, but I prefer to use use this on top of my daily moisturizer instead of a foundation. The CC cream comes in a slim, flat and elegant looking plastic tube which is very practical since it doesn't take much space in your makeup bag, and there's no risk of it breaking and causing a mess on your bathroom floor. As with all products from Clinique the CC cream is 100% fragrance free which always is a concern for me since I am a very fragrance focused person and a lot of the time fragrance free products just don't appeal to me, but by nature it still has a clean and neutral "scent" that is very inoffensive and it doesn't last on your skin. The consistency is lovely, light and silky and it blends beautifully with your skin adding extra hydration and making your complexion feel very soft and cared for, especially since it also has a built in SPF 30. Since I was told a while back that foundations oxidise and change the color if you apply them using your fingers I'm trying to be good, using my amazing Moxi foundation brush and it's really easy to get an even polished finish with the CC cream, but I have to say that it's equally straight forward to get at least very similar results using your fingers. The CC cream gives sheer to moderate coverage but enough opacity to cover the odd blemish scar, and although it feels almost matte on the skin without any oiliness or tackiness at all when you apply it, it still adds a lovely natural looking radiance. It wears incredibly well throughout the day and on me the finish lasts for at least seven hours, but at the same time it's easy to remove using either a micellar solution or a normal cleanser. I am so impressed by this product and because of the light texture and the great wear I think it'll work brilliantly for the coming warm summer days. I never caught the BB cream bug, but this CC cream has got me well and truly hooked and I can't recommend it enough.

43 comments:

  1. I'm the opposite as I seem to buy foundations the most. Probably because I've always had bad skin and so I'm always looking for a new one/a better one to try. I really love CC creams and this one sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, maybe that's why I'm nuts about nail polish because I used to have next to no nails and now I'm compensating :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds great I love buying products like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I decided to try Clinique again and would highly recommend this cream :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. Totally agree - this is an absolute favourite of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently there's a big difference in coverage between CC creams and some are a lot heavier on the skin, but this is just wonderful :o)! Xx

      Delete
  4. I love Clinique, one of the few products that my skin tolerates :)

    X Malena
    www.Fashioncontainer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try some skin care as well, since it has been years since I did the last time, just to see if maybe it works better for me now :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. I love clinique foundations, this looks gorgeous too! xo

    Hannah Rose // Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely to wear and the glow is so natural :o) Xx

      Delete
  6. I was looking for a CC cream and this review is simply perfect at this momenti. I'll go for it for sure.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with it, and hope it works as well for you as it does for me :o) Xx

      Delete
  7. I have been eyeing this off and keep talking myself out of purchasing it but maybe I should give it a whirl!
    Great product review!!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hope I've convinced you to give it a go :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. This CC cream is an older launch right? Or did they bring out something new to confuse us lot! :P I haven't dislikes anything I tried from this brand and this was no exception!

    FOTD | Forgotten Makeup Heroes @ The Conscience Fund

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not brand new - I think it was launched Spring 2013, but it's definitely brand new for me :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. Sounds interesting! I will check it!


    Kisses from www.withorwithoutshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post.
    I was looking for a CC cream and this review is simply perfect at this momenti.
    kiss
    Teresa
    Teresa Quiroga Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm using it too, it's great! lovely review
    Alessia

    THECHILICOOL

    FACEBOOK

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice! must try!

    http://blondieanchors.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Hey Zazie - yes I did, thank you sooo much. I'll get back to you in an e-mail :o) Xx

      Delete
  14. I didn' t know about this CC cream it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely better for my skin than BB creams, and one day I'll definitely go for a DD cream too :o) Xx

      Delete
  15. I recently jumped on the CC wagon as well and have really been liking IT Cosmetics CC Cream. I may try this one when I finish that.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't even heard of the brand, so thanks for introducing something new and exciting to try :o) Xx

      Delete
  16. i love clinique!!!! thanks for sharing!! in love with beauty products!

    xx

    isa

    www.un-likely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really lovely cream and I'm so glad I've "returned" to Clinique :o) Xx

      Delete
  17. i havent tried clinique products...this cc cream looks awesome..would love to try

    my recent one :http://www.cosmochics.com/reviews/bourjois-rouge-edition-velvet-lipstick-04-peach-club-review-swatches-lotd/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've convinced me I need this in my life! When my current BB cream runs out I want to give CC a whirl!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) - I have a feeling we'll eventually go through all the alphabet when it comes to creams :o)! Xx

      Delete
  19. Great review! Thanks for sharing!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment :o) Xx

      Delete
  20. Clinique are really on fire with their products right now aren't they? This sounds lovely xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, so many more things I'd love to get :o) Xx

      Delete
  21. I've recently stopped wearing foundation and moved onto BB cream, but I don't understand what the difference is between BB and CC cream!x

    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite sure either, they all seem very similar and it gets quite confusing but I get the impression that CC creams are more color correcting than BBs :o) Xx

      Delete
  22. I don't particularly use the Clinique CC Cream and I am waiting for Lancome to release theirs in a couple of months but I agree definitely with not clicking with BB cream hype but the CC creams seem great - although I have only tried Bourjois 123 CC Cream. I actually think I have a sampole of this so I must try the Clinique version.

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    Make Sure To Enter My GIVEAWAY! - 100 Followers Giveaway | Thank You To You All

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be fun to see what they come up with next :o) Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!