Sunday 11 May 2014

Life in letters TAG

TAGs can be a fun way to share a bit more about yourself and today I thought I would do the Life in letters TAG, which isn't the easiest TAG In the world to do since you go through the alphabet and give a fact about yourself that starts with each letter. It was quite a long time ago now that I was tagged by the lovely Jen from A little bit of Jen to do this, and it's been sitting in my draft for a little while since I only do one TAG a month - but better late than never and I hope you enjoy it!
A - I love ANIMALS to the point that I wouldn't even kill a mosquito, which is rather stupid of me especially since I'm allergic to mosquito bites and mozzies seem to love me.
B - I've been BLOGGING since July 2013 and have been amazed at the level of support and encouragement that I have received. Blogging is definitely a commitment that requires focus, thought and effort and getting lovely feedback and interacting with everyone in blogiverse, makes it all worth it!
C - My favorite tipple is CHAMPAGNE, and we usually end the week with a bottle or so. It's really tough having to do this weekly chore, but someone has to do it... 
D - I love to DANCE, especially salsa and tango 
E - I have always been very interested in ancient EGYPT so it was a dream come true when I got a chance to visit and see all the famous sights along the Nile and the Pyramides.
F - I have a very curious FELINE, or rather she has me... She's been my constant companion for 16 years and filled every single day with lots of fun and laughter - she's a senior, but you wouldn't know it to look at her. 
G - I'm a massive fan of GREY'S ANATOMY and have recently started to watch the series all the way from the beginning again. I just can't get enough of McDreamy, not to mention McSteamy...
H - I'm a neat and tidy person, but when it comes to all things beauty, actually change that to girly (clothes, makeup, shoes, bags, jewellery) I am a complete HOARDER, e.g. I think I could wear a different statement necklace every single day for the next 3 months. I should really speak to someone about that...
I - Even though I try to eat clean and healthy most of the time ICE CREAM is my biggest weakness and I've never really understood the concept of scoops... why? Just give me the whole tub!
J - My favorite food is JAPANESE and if I'm ever lucky enough to be able to visit Japan I have a feeling I'll spend a lot of my time there eating...
K - Since I love to read and always have a few books on the go, my KINDLE always comes with me wherever I go and since I got it, my bags are considerably lighter since I don't have to lug around stacks of books anymore.
L - I start every day with a cup of hot LEMON WATER and cayenne. It's brilliant for kick starting your metabolism, it detoxes and brightens your skin - not bad for such a humble drink! 
M - I'm ridiculously fond of animated films like MADAGASCAR and Ice Age and probably laugh more and louder than any of the kids in the cinema.
N - I am a NAIL POLISHAHOLIC. How can you tell, you ask? - well I own 284 nail polishes... say no more... (yes I did count them).
O - I've mentioned before that I'm a bit of a magpie and in addition to being attracted to anything sparkly I've genuinely always been fascinated by gems and stones, these little masterpieces of nature. My favorite gemstone is the precious OPAL, because of its incredible explosion of color and light.
P - I am a die hard fan of PILATES which I've been practising for as long as I can remember and I swear by it as a way to stay lean, strong and healthy.
Q - I love QUINOA, it's an amazingly useful protein rich grain that you can use for both sweet and savoury dishes.
R - My absolute favorite perfume ever (and that says a lot considering I'm a perfume collector) is REFLECTION from the Omani perfumier Amouage, and it's probably extra special to me since I associate it with my honeymoon - you can read a review of it in the Silver edition. 
S - As many of you may know I am SWEDISH but work brought me to the UK after I'd been traveling around a bit.
T - I love to TRAVEL and explore new places but I am a terrible traveller; I get car sick, sea sick and am to put it mildly a VERY nervous flyer. Bring on teleportation is what I say!
 U - I spent quite a lot of very happy years at UNIVERSITY, I absolutely LOVE learning new things and if it wasn't for that small thing called paying your bills, I would probably still be studying something obscure in a corner of a dusty faculty library somewhere.
V - Most of my life I've been a VEGETARIAN and although it's a personal choice that I wouldn't impose on anyone, I think I'm healthier for it. 
W - If I could have any job in the world, I would want to be a WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHER
X - My favorite holiday of the year is X-mas, there's just nothing like it.
Y - In addition to doing pilates I also do YOGA. I find that it's a great combination and where Pilates adds a lot of strength, the yoga helps to stretch the muscles afterwards.
Z - One of the best experiences in my life was when I got to be a ZOO KEEPER for the day a few years ago working with tigers, leopards and lions. It was an incredible day being that close to these amazing animals that I'll never forget and a massive thank you to Him Indoors for arranging it.

Wow, certainly not the easiest TAG in the world to do, but I hope that you've learned a little bit more about me, and as I'm sure you've guessed I now need your help to keep this going. Everyone is welcome to join in, but I also specifically TAG the following and I hope you can join in:

Shubha from Blue Velvet Addict 
Siobhán from Make Up For Dolls 
May from La Vie en May 
Victoria from Florence and Mary 
Laura from Maquillage Magic

Have a great Sunday everyone and I'll see you tomorrow with a Manic.Monday post! Xx

19 comments:

  1. I always like this style of posts too and this one is particularly fun. Your kitty cat is so sweet and it's beautiful you've been together so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so lovely of you and it really means a lot :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. Your cat is so cuuuuuuute. And I know exactly what you mean about hoarding! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :0), thank you so much! I think she knows it too... Xx

      Delete
  3. okay this is super innovative!
    thanx dear for tagging me!!..I am on it!! <3

    PS- you were a zookeeper!!!!!!..whaaaa!!..how awesome are you!!!!???!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay I was hoping you would join in!!! I know I'm so lucky to have done some as amazing as that Xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a cool tag, really enjoyed reading xo

    Hannah Rose // Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hannah, that's really nice of you :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. Woah I can't belive you got to be a zoo keeper for a few days, that sounds amazing!!:)x

    http://libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was an amazing experience - I'll never forget my first encounter with the tigers :o) Xx

      Delete
  6. Great post, it was lovely to read :)

    lovefrombethan.blogspot.co.uk

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I'm really glad you liked it :o) Xx

      Delete
  7. Awesome post!! Omg I can't believe you have that many nail polishes!! I thought I had many but compared to yours I have nothing!! I have a kindle too but it doesn't feel the same. I prefer real books :)

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would take to the kindle since I love the feel of a real book but I surprised myself :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. Great! loved reading your post :)
    http://theknotstory.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tag I'll have fun putting this together and let you know when it's up

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay - will be so much fun to read :o) Xx

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the tag Charlotte. Definitely going to take some time for me to do too, but I'm excited, it looks fun!

    May from La Vie en May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for joining in :o) Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!