Monday 19 May 2014

Manic.Monday: It's Mojito time!

Summer doesn't officially start until June 21, but since we've had around mid 20's degrees Celsius for the past 5 days or so, I'm going to stick my neck out (literally to catch some rays) and say that it's here and it couldn't have come quickly enough as far as I'm concerned! The rising temperature seems to transform everyone, I e.g. have shed my leather leggings in favor of lighter clothes and it might even be something floral (!), I've swapped my beloved high heels for casual, comfy sandals and when it comes to makeup all of a sudden I find myself wearing amazing rainbow colors that I wouldn't look twice at any other time of year. A perfect example of such a color is today's find from my nail polish stash - Ciatés Mojito (£9); a fabulous daring and intense fruity color that always puts me in a vacation mood. It mixes shades of zesty lime with refreshing and icy cool mint and it's sweet and punchy at the same time - just like the drink!
Like most of Ciatés formulas Mojito is lovely and light without being too runny which makes it easy to work with and it's also quick drying. It has wonderful strong pigmentation and although the color is soft and looks a bit sheer, one coat is enough for a great even coverage even though I personally still prefer to use two coats to ensure that the finish has a certain depth, and is as opaque as possible. I really enjoy wearing Ciaté polishes and the only thing that I would change about them is the brush; I've mentioned before that it's of fairly average width and possibly even a tiny bit more narrow than average, however it is of good quality and doesn't leave any pesky hairs behind that ruin the finish, and together with the consistency of the formula and the super pigmentation you get a streak free even finish with no effort at all. This color really should be finished off with a high shine top coat for a really glossy, brilliant look that positively beams in the sun light. On me this delicious tropical color lasts about 3-4 days before it starts to chip, and it's also very easy to remove using acetone free dip and twist removers. Have a look at my Instagram for a swatch and to see a look I created using this lovely cocktail green together with another one of my favorite polishes this year, Nails Inc's Daisy Lane Floral (£12). I love this glorious happy, sunny color and although Mojitos aren't exactly my favorite summer drink since they are too strong for me, I take every opportunity to wear it on my nails and for me every warm summer day is definitely Mojito time!

30 comments:

  1. The weather has been lovely let's hope it lasts. This nail varnish colour is lovely, not something I would normally pick up but nice to be different Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, but for some reason it really works in the summer :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely spring like shade! I always loved the Ciate bottles x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really cute with their little bows :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. lovely colour...loved the instagram pic with this nailpaint..
    xx<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's a zestier alternative to a mint green :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. Gosh, that tone looks so absolutely perfect!!

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll be even more sunny and fruity with a lovely tan :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Absolutely, it's holiday in a bottle :o) Xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's punchy but a little easier to wear than neon, so a great bright summer option :o) Xx

      Delete
  7. That is such a pretty shade perfect for summer!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, and although it's not at all what I would usually go for, it just works! :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. Oh yeah the rising temperature makes miracles :) I love the green of that nail polish!

    http://strawberryleopard.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely fresh and energetic color :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. This shade is so beautiful! I hope the gorgeous weather stays for longer, especially now I've almost finished most of my exams x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed so you can get a few days of well deserved rest :o) Xx

      Delete
  10. Love this colour Charlotte - gorgeous for the hot weather! Hope it continues! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, I'm so glad, it's a very happy color :o) Xx

      Delete
  11. What a tasty shade and so on trend! ;) I really love the consistency of Ciate polishes.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they're so creamy and easy to work with :o) Xx

      Delete
  12. Beautiful shade I love the vivid green!
    Love Ciate they are beautiful polishes!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite unique, somewhere in between pastel and neon :o) Xx

      Delete
  13. Just posted the life in letters tag you tagged me in!

    Laura xx

    maquillagemagic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura, I'll check it out straight away :o) Xx

      Delete
  14. So jealous of the nice weather you are having, it still raining in Canada!! Great colour for the warm months :)
    Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ladies, hang in there - sun is coming :o) Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!