Saturday 31 May 2014

May on my mind


This May has been a great month for living in the UK; we've had fabulous warm, sunny days that could easily fool you into thinking it's August already, and we've had two long weekends to enjoy because of the bank holidays - I could get used to this. Everyone in favor of this continuing every month that's left of the year raise their hands... Although summer doesn't officially start for another few weeks I'm already in the summer mindset and everything from my overall pace to clothes and makeup is more relaxed and zen. Maybe that's why we didn't have anything specific planned for the bank holiday weekends but we still managed to fill the time. For a long time I had wanted to go to Arundel (how elvish!), which is a very pretty, quaint medieval town with lots of great restaurants and boutiques to see the amazing castle, so we spent a gorgeous summer day there and although I also really wanted to visit the cathedral, we decided to stay in the beautiful gardens chilling out with a nice picnic, that the cheeky pheasants did their very best to steal. It was so lovely to take some time and just hangout in the sunshine since I often get caught up in things and forget to take a bit of a break from it all. This month I definitely needed to take a pause since May has been a fairly busy month with lots of things going on, and I've also had to spend a lot of time working out and studying, which you may have seen if you follow me on Instagram, and some days it's been a challenge to get my brain back into study mode and to retain other information than just which nail polish shade I must remember to buy next week... All jokes aside learning new things is always great, even if it is learning to take it easy! Hope you've all had a wonderful month, and don't forget to check in again tomorrow for a fun and very appropriate TAG to nail the start of June.

23 comments:

  1. Arundel is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a little fairytale village - so pretty! :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. Great photographs will definitely follow on Instagram! I have loved having all the bank holiday weekends too - I just hope that the weather gets sunny again! xx

    www.lulabelloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Lucy, you put a big smile on my face - I really appreciate your lovely comment :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. It has been great to have two bank holidays in May. The weather though were I live has sucked all it has done is rain. I love your picks the owls especially Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - the only thing about bank holidays is that it's so difficult getting back into the swing of things again :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. amazing pictures and place :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you, thank you very much :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! Summer seems to uplift everyones moods :) x

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looks like such beautiful weather I am so jealous haha :)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed it lasts, especially since I've just now splashed out on some new SPF :o) Xx

      Delete
  7. I have never been to Arundel - to be honest I really haven't spent much time in the south east - it looks beautiful though. I hope we continue to have some dry weather, I'm not that bothered about it being too hot just so long as it is dry so I can get out and walk!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you - a warm day is a bonus, but I'm happy as long as I can get out and about :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. It must be amazing to live in a country with such history and such beautiful landscape and architecture.
    Loved this post!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the lovely comment :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. My Auntie was telling me about Arundel when we were on holiday and I just laughed and said it sounded like Lord of the Rings! Now I really want to go. <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too - Couldn't see any elves though :o)! Xx

      Delete
  10. I was just looking for somewhere to visit in July and looks like Arundel could be the place! Looks gorgeous xx lollyhugz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really beautiful - bring a picnic :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Arundel sounds and looks like a lovely place! It's only a couple of hours away from here, so I shall put it on my to-visit list! :) xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing missing is elves, otherwise it's a real fairy tale castle :o) Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!