Friday 23 May 2014

This summer I shoes flats!

I love shoes - I mean, seriously who doesn't?! Even Him Indoors has a collection that takes more space than mine, and it's not because he's got bigger feet...! When it comes to shoes I am definitely a high heel girl and the higher the heel, the more of an amazon I feel and I since I'm only 5'4 tall, I need all the heel help I can get. But in the summer, something strange happens and I'm not quite sure if it's because of the heat, or the different style of clothes I choose to wear, but I swap my towering heels for flats. Ballet pumps, gladiators, peep toes, espadrilles - almost any style will do but if they happen to have some sort of embellishment to satisfy the magpie in me, then even better. This year we're very lucky to see an amazing selection of flats on the high street in varying styles, colors and prices and here's a few of my favorites at the moment that shoes (see what I did there...) that you can find flats for any occasion or outfit - be it casual, elegant, beach, city chic or vintage at an affordable price.
From left to right:
River Island Diamante Embellished Sandals in coral (£40) // H&M Ballet Pumps in navy blue stripes and whites (£7.99) // Dune Steve Madden Ceaserr SM Dark Gladiators in dark brown (£65) // Kurt Geiger Miss KG Debbie Embellished Sandals (£49) in tan // Topshop Koala Espadrille Shoes (£45) in True Leopard // New Look Chunky Gold Chain Sandals (£22.99) in white // Dorothy Perkins Bling Toe Post Foot Bed (£25) in black // H&M Ballet Peep Toe Pumps (£9.99) in red // Dune Ladies Jaffy Metal T-bar Sandal (£65) in mint

Even though I'm sure I'll pick up a few more flats before this summer is over, I know I have already found my absolute favourites - you can have a look at them here on my Instagram, for me it just doesn't get much better than these! To all of a sudden being 5-6 inches shorter does have it's disadvantages that takes a little bit of getting used to, but with so many lovely flats to shoes from I don't really care that I now barely reach the pedals when I drive my car, that I need to ask for help in Waitrose to reach the top shelf or that Him Indoors keeps calling me Shorty - at least I'm a shorty in fabulous shoes!

Before I finish today, I'm very happy to announce the winner of the £30 ASOS voucher giveaway to celebrate that I've reached more than 2000 followers on Bloglovin'. Thank you SO SO much to everyone who entered and for all your lovely congratulation messages, but since there could be only one winner the lucky person this time around is Laura Ngiam. Congratulations and have lots of fun spending it at amazing ASOS!

42 comments:

  1. I'm loving shoes available at the moment, I only wish I could go on a spree but the bills must come first. I want to update my wardrobe so bad, there's so many nice things on the high street at the moment xx

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel Kate - the shops should be ashamed to tempt us this way!!! ;o) I've tried to be good too and so far I haven't got too many things this season... Xx

      Delete
  2. I am such a fan of gladiator sandals and espadrilles. Cute styles! :)
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you like them - it's such a chic and casual look, and now you don't have to pay a fortune for them anymore :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. I love the H&M Striped Flats!!
    So pretty!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! Perfect with some wide legged white trousers and a red top :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. I love ballet pumps too and love the red and blue stripped. The coral sandels are georgeous too. Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw the sparkle I was HOOKED :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. Oh I love the River Island sandals, so pretty! I always wear flats so I'm just your opposite and dream of wearing high heels but with two small boys to run after it's just not practical;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too much sparkle :o). No, I can imagine - talk about balancing act :o) Xx

      Delete
  6. Of course I'm drawn to the Steve Madden gladiators - beauuuuts!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they?! I don't think Steve Madden pieces gets enough of a mention in Blogiverse so I thought I would do my bit :o) Xx

      Delete
  7. love the Dorothy Perkins!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - they're a bit more casual than I would usually go for, but they're quite chic too :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. great selection!
    www.mrsnoone.it
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Hope I've inspired some new purchases :o) Xx

      Delete
  10. I'm a huge fan of flats as well! I love finding a perfect pair of flat sandals that can be more casual or dressed up! You have some great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post. I'm totally obsessed with shoes! :)
    following you now :)
    kisses,
    J.

    http://fashionandpinkheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julija, thank you so much for visiting and of course for following. Hope you'll stop by again soon :o) Xx

      Delete
  12. Me too I love shoes. A woman who hates shoes, c'mom I never meet anyone yet. I adore the stripes and the leopard. Thanks for the visit on my blog today.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stripey ones are so pretty and I'm very tempted to go in and get them today :o) Xx

      Delete
  13. I'm obsessed with flats so love the look of all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely a lot comfier than my usual heels :o) Xx

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Me too, and since I don't have any flat gladiators it's time to get some :o) Xx

      Delete
  15. Great collection, perfect for this summer!! Just found your blog, would you like to follow each other?
    a beautiful maison
    fb/abeautifulmaison

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful picks! I love shoes as well and heels are so fun but comfort is so important. So nice to find stylish flats!

    Please check out my site: www.simpleaesthetic.com

    Thanks!
    x,
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and the same to you :o) Xx

      Delete
  18. Love all sandals :) http://outsidefashioncatwalk.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you can never have too many of them :o) Xx

      Delete
  19. Love all shoes. In the warmer months I can't wait for sandals! One of my favourite warm weather purchases!
    Www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely selection
    http://www.noveltyeye.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you like them and hope I've inspired some shopping :o) Xx

      Delete
  21. I love to get shoe inspiration....
    since summer is around the corner!:)
    xxx
    Emily
    andiwillwalk.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this year we're really spoiled for choice :o) Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!