Wednesday 30 July 2014

July favourites

Since I had to cut down on my blogging in June and earlier this month I haven't actually done a monthly favourites for a little while although except for the EdT I have a feeling that they would have been pretty much the same in June too. My routines have changed quite a lot over the past few months, partly because of the weather and partly because I'm on the road a lot more than I used to. Because of the sunny weather and since I love to be outdoors as much as possible to catch some rays, my main concern has been to make sure that I've been wearing some great sun lotion, and the product I've used the most is the lovely Hawaiian Tropic Sensitive Face Sun Lotion SPF30 (£12.60). It has just the right consistency for the face; light, silky and sheer without clogging up the pores and since it's for sensitive skin it's also free of oils and fragrance that could potentially cause irritation in the sun. The lotion absorbs quickly into the skin making it feel not only protected from those pesky UVA and UVB, but also moisturised and smooth. The only thing is that I don't think it's water resistant, at least it doesn't feel that way so I would definitely recommend that you re-apply several times a day, especially if you've gone for a cooling dip in the pool.
After a post sun shower to freshen up I've loved to use the Avon Shea Butter and Chocolate Truffle Body Soufflé, First of all it smells absolutely divine of chocolate mousse and even if like me you're not a chocolate lover you might find that you have to really stop yourself from testing it to check if it's as yummy as it smells.... hrmm - did I reveal too much there...? Anyway, this body product has a wonderful whipped, light and creamy texture that feels amazing on the skin, and it absorbs quickly without leaving any sensation of tackiness. What I like most about the soufflé, except for the chocolate scent is that it makes the skin ever so slightly radiant with a rose gold shine, which makes it perfect for summer use to emphasise tanned skin. As far as I know it's not available in the current Avon campaigns, but you can easily find it on eBay (£6.75), and I'll definitely stock up on it when I've finished up this one.

So the skin's looking radiant and bronzed, and since I've been on the go so much these past few months I haven't bothered with foundation or tinted moisturiser - all I've done is sweep my very used MUA Bronzer (£1) in shade 1 over my face for a natural, healthy looking glow. I know I've raved about this ridiculously affordable bronzer before - I need to start testing another brands... but for me it's just brilliant. The product is light and finely milled so it's easy to work with and to build up a stronger bronzed tone if you wish, the shade is sunny and natural without too much orange and it lasts fairly well throughout the day. I would say that you probably do need to buff up the colour after about 5 hrs, but then again considering the price, it's not the end of the world. If you haven't tried any MUA products before, this is the one to get and don't be surprised if you find yourself repurchasing it over and over again - I have, about 4 times...

Sticking with the quick and easy makeup theme, let's have a look at the the products that I have worn every single day without fail in July. I've been on a bad mascara streak, having tested several budget friendly products and not  been impressed with a single one of them, but finally there was a glimmer in the mascara dark with the  Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara (£9.99). It has just the right texture that I like and that usually doesn't come until the mascara is near it's end, i.e. it's liquid enough but a tiny bit sticky, which makes it easy to build up volume and length if you apply several coats. As with every other mascara these days it comes with a special "unique brush with spherical (and straight) bristles to wrap every lash in a 360° motion", I guess that means that the brush is supposed to make sure that you get colour on all sides of your lashes. Even though I'm not too sure about that statement, I do know that the brush is quite wide, firm and great to work with to shape the lashes for a wonderful volumised effect with luscious separated lashes. This was a complete impulse purchase, but I'm so glad that I decided to take a chance on it since it's the best mascara I've tried since I fell in love with L'Oréal's False Lash Flutter Mascara (the butterfly one). Thank you Bourjois for restoring my faith in affordable mascaras!
 
My preferred daily lippy has been Revlon's ColorBurst Matte Balm (£7.99) in Unapologetic which I recently did a review on that you can read here, so I won't go into more details about it except to say that the colour is the most perfect vibrant coral pink, perfect for a one-product look lounging by the pool. As you probably know I tend to wear different perfumes every single day to suit my mood, outfit etc so although I haven't exactly worn this gem every day, it's still a definite favourite this month. Ever since I first stumbled across Thierry Mugler's Alien EdT, I have looked forward to every new edition, and I have never been disappointed, they have all been outstanding! This season's newcomer - Alien Eau Extraordinaire EdT (£68) is no exception. As usual the bottle is very interesting with its beautifully cut angles and pale gold details for a glamorous outer space look and feel. It's a fresh, sparkling, sunny and harmonious fragrance mixing sweet Tunisian neroli, citrusy bergamot, elegant white tiare flower and warm amber. It's a very confident, poised and delightful scent and I always feel happy and pampered wearing it, and for warm sunny days - what could be more fitting than a warm sunny scent? That's the end to almost two month's of favourites... as much as I love them now I have a feeling that they won't be the same in August, but as I always say - it's a girl's prerogative to change her mind!

47 comments:

  1. Lovely products doll!!! the mascara is tempting really...
    xoxo
    Mary

    http://fairymakeuptales.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but it was fab. Definitely recommend it :o) Xx

      Delete
  2. The sensitive face lotion sounds good, being prone to breakouts I need a good one. Some great picks by the way :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Nina. I've never had any breakouts from this particular sun lotion and I especially like that it doesn't make your skin feel all greasy :o) Xx

      Delete
  3. I love Hawaiian Tropic but I had no idea they did face sunscreen, let alone a sensitive version! I'm definitely buying some of this.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay - hope you like it as much as I do :o) Xx

      Delete
  4. Chocolate butter truffle souffle...That sounds amazing! I could definitely go for that right now.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.... I wouldn't mind some of it either, but as a mid morning snack :o) Xx

      Delete
  5. excellent products! thx for sharing, dear!
    kiss
    Maren Anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these products - great post :)

    www.jenems.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the MUA bronzers too! I have the same Revlon balm shade and its gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they're ridiculously cheap, not that I'm complaining, but I would pay a lot more for it - it's THAT good :o) Xx

      Delete
  8. love 'em all...and Unapologetic is my favourite matte balm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot believe that bronzer is £1!! I have never tried anything MUA products but I need a new bronzer so I think now might be the time to try!

    Joey | www.asecretshopaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it - if you don't like it, at least you haven't exactly spent a fortune :o) Xx

      Delete
  10. I had a vial sample of the Alien Eau Extraordinaire and I loved it! xx
    http://mummysbeautycorner.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a sparkling, fresh scent - ADORE it :o) Xx

      Delete
  11. I really want to try the Alien scent! I feel like I don't have the confidence for the shade Unapologetic but it just looks so pretty on other people.
    also welcome back to blogging :) nice to see updates again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Zoe, that's so lovely of you! :o) Xx

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the detailed and definitely well thought out reviews of these products! I especially appreciate the on Hawaiin tropical face sunscreen lotion! I burn easily and am always on the look out for a good sunscreen! Great job! Want to follow each other on GFC, twitter, instagram and bloglovin? Just let me know please! Mckenzie xx

    Teen Style by Mckenzie
    Bloglovin’ / Twitter / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much - it's a great gentle sun lotion and I've never had any reactions from it so far :o) Xx

      Delete
  13. Great post - and a couple of my favourites made it in there too! Love the Bourjois mascara and the Revlon mattes.

    Emma | Fluff and Fripperies

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post and products!

    jessssicahart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thank you! :o) Xx

      Delete
  15. Really liking the look of the Hawaiian Tropic Sun Lotion, I'm really in need of one for my face and I have super SUPER sensitive skin so I will be looking into this more! xxx

    http://blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful and light on the skin, hope you'll enjoy it :o) Xx

      Delete
  16. I really like that MUA bronzer. I got it as I was stopping at my boyfriends and left my makeup bag at home and to be honest didn't expect much - definitely surprised me! x

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well absolutely - the packaging is plastic and it's so cheap that it's easy to assume it's terrible, but nothing could be more wrong :o) Xx

      Delete
  17. Love your favorites! I so wish I could get MUA here. They sound like delightful affordable products!
    xoxo Lauren | Will Sing For Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lauren, you can buy them online at Muastore.co.uk and they ship worldwide if you're interested :o) Xx

      Delete
  18. Great post! I always need some new makeup

    TEALINHEELS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, there are too many colours to just stick to the same old all the time :o) Xx

      Delete
  19. The Bourjois mascara is my fave for this month too! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect much of it but was VERY impressed with it :o) Xx

      Delete
  20. the Revlon's ColorBurst Matte Balm is amazing
    simply ravishing
    expect more reviews
    grab some cool indian outfits at www.varietyhaat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great balm - I've really loved the matte finish this year :o) Xx

      Delete
  21. Some beautiful products Charlotte!
    I have been meaning to try the Revlon's Colorburst lippies!!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so lovely of you :o) Xx

      Delete
  22. I love the revlon lip balms! The mua bronzer sounds really nice.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Hawaiian suncreams are lovely both in smell and having a wonderful creamy consistency when applied. I need to try the mascara Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to stock up on the Silk range before I go on holiday, I'm so excited to try it out :o) Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!