Tuesday 19 January 2016

Dolce & Gabbana Eye Shadow Quad Stromboli

There's something about Dolce & Gabbana that makes me go weak at the knees. I could easily live a very Dolce life wearing exquisite lace dresses with outrageous doorknocker earrings, sporting beautifully embellished pompadour shoes and lug around baroque inspired embroidered handbags (although I'm not sure where I'd fit in all my Pilates stuff) - and I'm sure I'm not the only one! Unfortunately my budget simply won't allow that - how rude of it..., but I can treat myself to the occasional little beauty product, to in a very small way participate in the extravagance that is Dolce & Gabbana.

When I first laid eyes on this beautiful palette I was immediately taken in and it has been a firm favourite of mine ever since. The Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Quad (£46) comes in an impressive selection of 16 different shades - all equally beautiful and seductive to the beauty junkie, but for me Stromboli (colour code 130) is the perfect combination of colors, equally wearable for both day and night time.

Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Stromboli

Now, let me start by saying that I KNOW that it's an expensive product, but as a magpie and packaging fiend, I didn't really stand a chance from the start. True to its brand, the golden metallic and VERY shiny compact is glamorous and opulent, turning every use of it into an indulgent moment and it comes with a velvet pouch to protect it and keep it equally shiny as long as it's used. The palette includes two little foam applicators, and although I prefer to use a good quality brush, these are actually not bad at all. Usually I don't expect a lot from these little token applicators, but after a lot of use these are still as firm (and attached to the handle!) as when I got them.

Stromboli is a palette with 4 velvet smooth golden, earthy, coppery colours - some matte and others with a delicate shimmer (you can find swatches here on Instagram):

Shimmery golden sand - lovely for day wear, or as an evening highlighter
Shimmery russet copper - great on its own (very dramatic on blue eyes), or as a base for an evening look
Matte intense cinnamon brown - nice basic shade for any look
Shimmery gunmetal grey - fab for a smokey eye or as an eyeliner 

Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Stromboli


All shades are so highly pigmented that you only need the lightest of dabs with your brush or applicator to get enough product to cover the whole lid, and you still need to be prepared for a fair bit of blending. Saying that, the formula is easy to work with to build intensity whether you choose to use them dry or wet and with absolutely no fall out - just the excellent quality I would have expected from this brand. Although it promises extended 8 hours wear, I have to say that I don't think that is the case for most of the shades, with the exception of the cinnamon shade. That's not entirely unexpected since there's definitely a correlation between the amount of shimmer and how an eyeshadow wears. I would say that the shades stay pretty perfect for about 5 hrs and then you'd need to touch them up.

When you've decided you've had enough of these glorious shades for the day, they came off easily, even with a very gentle eye make up remover, or cleansing wipe. This is a gorgeous palette which by its pure extravagance has that feel like a goddess appeal. If you were to buy only one single prestige brand palette - THIS would be the one.    

As you might expect, in the UK you can only get the Dolce & Gabbana range in Harrod's or in Heathrow Terminal 5, but you'll find some of the products at a discounted price on Amazon or Beautyspin.co.uk, (£35.17), making this luxurious palette even more difficult to resist... yes, you're welcome!

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I got a D&G palette for my B-day from my hubby and I'm in love with it, not to use it, just to look at it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are one gorgeous color palette, I love D&G. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! those colours are amazing!! I find that make up brands that are pricey tend to be worth it because of their quality! love the post! I'll be on the look out for this palette ;)

    http://tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been looking for good revelation to your talents and professional capacities on LinkedIn? The best resolution is thru Buying LinkedIn Endorsements, Connections and Followers.

    Are you presently trying to get good revelation to your talents and qualified professional capabilities on LinkedIn? The very best choice is thru Buying LinkedIn Endorsements, Connections and Followers. buy linkedin company followers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy Google overviews and stand separated not exactly equivalent to other people and highlight your picture care locally.
    buy google review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apply for freelance modelling jobs, freelance stylist jobs, freelance rappers jobs,
    freelance bloggers jobs, freelance influencers jobs right now.
    jobs for actors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make this rakshabandhan even more special by buying gifts for sister. Shop best and unique
    gifts for your sister and make them happiest.
    best gifts for grandma

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.whirlpool quiet partner ii blinking lights

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!